In September and October 2008, GFC embarked on its first ever National Tour, presented by The Sephora Project. The National Tour was the catalyst for our nationwide expansion and the start of 100 Girl Action Teams throughout the United States!
The National Tour included Change Your World Trainings and Girl Action Zones at Sephora Stores nationwide. Check out some results below!
Change Your World Trainings - 2-hour trainings for girls in middle school or high school that teach what social change is and how to take action in your community!
- More than 2,300 girls were trained at 25 schools! Each girl received a Girl Action Kit detailing how she can create change in her neighborhood, city or school. Check out the social change webs girls created about the community issues they want to change
- We traveled more than 6,500 miles reaching girls in 11 cities
- Following the trainings, hundreds of girls have joined our Girl Action Network
- GFC Girl Action Teams will start at more than 70% of the schools where we offered Change Your World Trainings. This number is still growing!
- GFC will expand to Richmond, VA where 8-10 new Girl Action Teams will start in January 2009
Girl Action Zones - held at Sephora Stores throughout the country, these information sessions introduced girls to GFC and invited them to identify their passions and join our Girl Action Network
- Community members told us what they want to change and what they are passionate about. Check out the videos here!
- Hundreds of community members were invited to join the GFC Girl Action Network and encouraged to take a stand for change in their community
- GFC Staff brought Girl Action Zones to 10 Sephora stores in 10 cities throughout the U.S.
Interested in learning more? Contact email@example.com
Want to start a GFC Girl Action Team where you live? Check out our website here
A big thank you to The Sephora Project and our National Tour Partners for their support! Check them out here.