Be a Coach!
As a volunteer “coach” you will work with a partner coach and group of 5-10 girls. Coaches guide the girls through identifying a problem in their community and solving it over the course of 12 weeks. Most importantly coaches tell girls they are powerful, important and valued. The coach position is a dynamic and rewarding experience that leads to connections with girls and other adult women in your area, implementation of a social change project and a contribution toward putting women at the global leadership tables.
To become a coach, apply at the Volunteer page for your site.
- A NETWORK OF PROFESSIONAL WOMEN
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
- GROUP MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- FACILITATION SKILLS
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- COACHING SKILLS
- PUBLIC SPEAKING AND FUNDRAISING SKILLS
- CREATION OF SOCIAL CHANGE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GIRLS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
When: You will meet once a week with girls for 12 weeks. This is a 15 hour per month time commitment from September through December OR January through April. The time you spend will change the lives of girls. The GFC program year begins with a coach orientation and ends with a celebration of the team’s work.
Where: Girls who are members of GFC are either in middle school or high school. On the coach application you will be able to tell us your preference for location and times of meetings so that we can match you with the team that best fits your schedule.
Training: We also offer an additional coach training sessions besides orientation that assist coaches in working with teams, youth development, managing a social change project in partnership with girls and networking with other professional women. GFC coaches also say that their GFC training enhances their professional skills - from communication to project planning. Once you are accepted as a coach, you will receive a calendar of all orientation and training dates in your area.
- Ability to fully commit to a 12-week volunteer assignment from September through December OR January through April
- Ability to attend coach orientation
- Willingness to be screened and fingerprinted.
- Willingness to work in partnership with another volunteer coach.
- Desire to encourage, inspire, empower, ignite and engage young women to develop their leadership abilities and implement social change projects.
- Willingness to be flexible and open to the organic process that youth projects often take.
For more information contact: